Camping at Fort Wilderness RV Park and Campground
Overview of Fort Wilderness RV Park and Campground
Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground is a themed camping resort located at the Walt Disney World Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Florida. It offers guests a unique camping experience with the benefits of modern amenities and the magic of Disney. The resort covers 750 acres and provides accommodations in the form of campsites for tents and RVs, as well as cabins for those looking for a more luxurious camping experience.
- Tent or Pop-Up Campsites: Pads for tents or pop-up campers, with water and electrical hookups.
- Full Hook-Up Campsites: As the name suggests, these sites include water, sewer, and electrical hookups, suitable for RVs and larger tents.
- Preferred Campsites: These offer hookups for water, sewer, and electric, and are closer to the trading posts and main bus routes.
- Premium Campsites: These are for larger RVs, provide all necessary hookups, and may offer a more landscaped and upgraded environment.
- The Cabins at Fort Wilderness: Fully furnished cabins that can accommodate up to six guests, featuring a kitchen, bedroom, living area, and private patio with a grill.
Amenities and Activities
- Recreation: Fort Wilderness is famous for its wide range of recreational activities. You can enjoy archery, horseback riding, fishing, canoeing, and kayaking. There are also two swimming pools, including one with a waterslide.
- Dining: The campground boasts several dining options such as Trail's End Restaurant, Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue (a dinner show), and Mickey's Backyard BBQ.
- Transportation: Guests have complimentary access to Disney's bus and boat transportation system, which makes trips to the various Disney parks and attractions convenient and enjoyable.
- Entertainment: Fort Wilderness provides nightly entertainment such as the campfire sing-a-long with Chip 'n Dale, outdoor movies, and the Electrical Water Pageant on Bay Lake.
- Trails: There are numerous trails for walking and jogging, along with bike rentals to explore the scenic beauty of the resort.
Reservations and Check-In
Reservations: Reservations can be made online through the Walt Disney World Resort website or by phone. It is advisable to book well in advance, especially if you plan to visit during a holiday period or special event.
Check-In Process: Guests can check in online prior to their arrival or at the reception outpost upon arrival. Check-in time is typically 3:00 PM for campsites and 4:00 PM for the cabins, and check-out is at 11:00 AM for both.
- Pet-Friendly: Some loops at Fort Wilderness allow pets, so it's a good choice for those who want to bring their four-legged friends.
- Quiet Hours: Quiet hours are typically enforced from 10:00 PM to 7:00 AM, ensuring a peaceful environment for all guests.
- Weather: Florida weather can be unpredictable with heat, humidity, and rain, so come prepared for various conditions.
- Wildlife: As Fort Wilderness is set in a natural environment, interactions with wildlife are possible. Guests should keep food stored appropriately and maintain a safe distance from animals.
Accessing the Parks
Getting to the theme parks from Fort Wilderness is quite convenient. Magic Kingdom can be reached by a direct boat service, whereas the other parks can be accessed by buses located throughout the campground.
Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground combines the wonders of the outdoors with the enchantment of Disney. With thoughtful planning and reservations, it can offer a delightful retreat for a family vacation or a magical adventure for Disney enthusiasts.