Camping at Charlestown Breachway
Location and Access
Charlestown Breachway is located in Charlestown, Rhode Island. It's easily accessible by car, and visitors can find it near the coastal area where you can view the Block Island Sound.
Charlestown Breachway offers a campground specifically for self-contained RVs. Facilities are limited as it's designed primarily for self-sufficient campers. Tent camping is not permitted here. The camping spots are often close together, offering less privacy but a friendly communal atmosphere.
Reservations are encouraged, especially during the peak camping season. You can usually make reservations online or by calling the park's reservation line. Be aware that during the summer months and holiday weekends, sites can book up well in advance.
- Electric and Water Hook-ups: Not available.
- Dump Station: There is a central dumping station for waste.
- Restrooms: While there are no shower facilities, there are restrooms accessible to campers.
- Fishing: It's a popular spot for saltwater fishing.
- Boating: There's access to a boat launch.
- Swimming: The area features a beach where campers can swim.
- Wildlife Observation: Bird watching and other wildlife observations are common.
Rules and Regulations
- Pets: Usually, pets are allowed, but check the current guidelines.
- Fires: Fire regulations can vary; sometimes ground fires are prohibited, but raised fire pits may be allowed.
- Alcohol: Most state parks regulate alcohol consumption, so check the local laws.
Charlestown Breachway campground is open seasonally, and the exact dates can fluctuate each year. Check the local state park website or call the park directly for current information on open dates and any seasonal restrictions or warnings that may be in place.
- Weather: Being close to the ocean, weather can be unpredictable; be prepared for wind and sudden changes.
- Wildlife: While enjoying the natural area, always maintain a respectful distance from any wildlife you encounter.
- Tides: If you're interested in beach activities or fishing, be mindful of the tide schedules.
Remember that specific details about the campground and regulations may change, so it's wise to verify information with the Charlestown Breachway State Park before planning your trip.