Camping at LYMAN RUN STATE PARK
Lyman Run State Park is a 595-acre park in Potter County, Pennsylvania, known for its picturesque scenery and outdoor activities such as camping, hiking, swimming, fishing, and winter sports.
- Lyman Run State Park offers several types of campsites, including tent and trailer sites, as well as some with electric hookups.
- ADA-accessible sites are also available.
- Facilities include modern restrooms, hot showers, and a sanitary dump station.
- Fire rings and picnic tables are provided at each campsite.
- Campsite reservations can be made in advance through the Pennsylvania State Parks reservation system, either online or by phone.
Seasons and Accessibility
- The main camping season usually runs from April to October.
- Some facilities may offer year-round service, but with limited amenities during the off-season.
- During the winter months, some of the park areas are accessible for snowmobiling, ice fishing, and cross-country skiing.
- There is a sandy beach open from late-May to mid-September.
Fishing and Boating:
- The park features Lyman Run Lake, where you can fish for trout, bass, and panfish.
- Boating is permitted with electric motors and non-powered craft.
- Numerous hiking trails of varying difficulty can be found throughout the park.
- Hunting is allowed in designated areas of the park during established seasons.
Wildlife and Environment
Flora and Fauna:
- The park is home to diverse wildlife including white-tailed deer, black bear, and a variety of bird species.
- It is situated amidst the Susquehannock State Forest, offering a mixture of hardwood trees and evergreens.
Regulations and Safety
- Follow Leave No Trace principles to minimize camping impact on the environment.
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited.
- Use fire rings for campfires and never leave fires unattended.
- Store food securely and keep a clean campsite to avoid attracting bears and other wildlife.
- Pets are allowed at designated campsites and must be leashed and attended to at all times.
- Visitors should check the Pennsylvania Department of Conservation and Natural Resources (DCNR) website or contact the park office directly for the most current information and for assistance.
- The park is dedicated to providing recreational opportunities for all visitors. Contact the park office for specific accommodations and services.
Before planning a trip to Lyman Run State Park, always check for the latest information regarding campground openings, reservations, and any public health notices that might affect your stay.