Camping at EVANGOLA STATE PARK
Evangola State Park is a popular camping and recreation area located in Western New York, along the shoreline of Lake Erie. It offers a range of outdoor activities for nature lovers and families alike, including camping, swimming, picnicking, fishing, and hiking. The park is known for its arc-shaped shoreline and natural sand beach.
- The park has both tent and trailer sites, with some offering electric hook-ups.
- Restroom facilities with showers are available for campers.
- Picnic areas and pavilions can be reserved or used on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Campsite reservations can usually be made online through the New York State Parks website or by calling the park office.
- Reservations are recommended, especially during peak season, which typically runs from Memorial Day through Labor Day.
- While the park is open year-round, the camping season generally extends from early May until the end of October. However, exact dates can vary each year, so it's wise to check current information before planning your trip.
- The park includes a guarded swimming beach open during the summer months when weather and water conditions permit.
- Lake Erie is known for its excellent fishing opportunities, including walleye, perch, and smallmouth bass. Note that a New York State fishing license is required.
- There are several miles of trails within the park, suitable for hikers of varying levels of experience.
- During the winter months, when there is sufficient snow, activities such as cross-country skiing and snowmobiling are popular.
- Alcohol: The consumption or display of alcoholic beverages may be restricted or prohibited in certain areas.
- Pets: Pets are allowed but must be on a leash not more than 6 feet long. Proof of rabies inoculation must be provided if requested. Not all campgrounds permit pets, so check the specific regulations for Evangola State Park.
- Fires: Campfires are allowed in designated areas but must be controlled and extinguished when not attended. Firewood must be purchased from the park or a local vendor to prevent the spread of invasive insects and diseases.
- The park has facilities that are accessible to those with disabilities, including restrooms and showers. It's recommended to contact the park office for specific information related to accessible facilities and services.
- Weather: The weather on Lake Erie can change rapidly, so come prepared with appropriate gear for rain, wind, and cooler temperatures, especially in the evenings and early mornings.
- Wildlife: Keep your campsite clean and store food securely to discourage wildlife from entering your site. Follow all park guidelines for interactions with local wildlife.
- Protect the Environment: Leave no trace by disposing of garbage in designated receptacles and respecting the park's flora and fauna.
Before heading to Evangola State Park for camping or any other activities, it's prudent to check the latest guidelines and restrictions, which may change due to various factors including weather conditions and state regulations. Always ensure you have a reservation if required, and adhere to all park rules for a safe and enjoyable visit.