Camping at DELTA LAKE STATE PARK
Delta Lake State Park is located in Oneida County in the heart of New York State. The park is situated on a peninsula extending into Delta Reservoir. You can find it at 8797 State Route 46, Rome, NY 13440.
About the Park
Delta Lake State Park offers a variety of outdoor activities in a picturesque setting. The park has all the amenities for a comfortable camping experience, including woodland and water landscapes, making it an ideal spot for both relaxation and adventure.
- Campsites: Delta Lake State Park provides numerous campsites for tents and RVs, each with different levels of service, from primitive sites to those with electric hookups.
- Amenities: Many campsites come with amenities such as picnic tables, fire rings, bathhouses with showers, and restrooms.
- Reservations: It is strongly advised to reserve campsites in advance, especially during peak seasons, through the New York State Parks website or ReserveAmerica.
- Swimming: The park has a beach area on Delta Lake for swimming, usually with lifeguard services during the summer months.
- Boating: There are boat launch facilities available if you wish to bring your watercraft. Non-motorized boating is also a popular activity, and some rentals may be available.
- Fishing: Delta Lake is well-regarded for fishing, with species like walleye, pike, and bass being common catches.
- Hiking: There are a number of trails for hikers of all skill levels to enjoy the park's natural beauty.
- Picnicking: There are plenty of picnic areas throughout the park for a delightful outdoor meal.
- Winter Sports: In the winter, the park is open for snowmobiling, cross-country skiing, and ice fishing.
Rules and Regulations
- Check-In/Check-Out: Campers must adhere to check-in and check-out times as prescribed by the park.
- Pets: Pets are allowed but must be kept on a leash and supervised. Proof of rabies vaccination may be required.
- Fires: Fires are permitted only in designated areas and fire rings or grills provided by the park.
- Alcohol: Alcohol consumption is regulated within the park and may be restricted to specific areas.
- Quiet Hours: The park has established quiet hours, typically from 10 PM to 7 AM, to ensure a peaceful environment for all campers.
- Garbage and Recycling: Campers are required to keep their sites clean and utilize designated recycling and garbage disposal areas.
The park is committed to providing opportunities for all visitors to enjoy the park. Facilities such as restrooms and showers are designed to be accessible to those with disabilities.
To inquire further about camping at Delta Lake State Park, you can reach the park at:
- Phone: 315-337-4670
- Online: Visit the New York State Parks website for detailed information and reservations.
For current conditions, events, and more precise details, it is always a good idea to contact the park directly or visit the official website before planning your trip.