Camping at Clinton State Park
Important Camping Information about Clinton State Park
Location: Clinton State Park is located in northeast Kansas, near the city of Lawrence. The address is 798 N 1415 Rd, Lawrence, KS 66049, United States.
Campground Overview: Clinton State Park offers a wide variety of camping options, including RV sites with full hookups, primitive campsites, and modern cabins that can be rented. The park is known for its scenic beauty, featuring woodlands, prairies, and the Clinton Lake shoreline.
- Primitive Campsites: These are basic sites without hookups, suitable for tents and a more rustic camping experience.
- Utility Campsites: These include sites with electrical and water hookups, and some have sewer connections as well, accommodating RVs and trailers.
- Cabins: The park offers cabins with varying levels of amenities, from basic to fully equipped with kitchens and bathrooms.
- Reservations for campsites and cabins can be made by visiting Reserve America or the Kansas Department of Wildlife, Parks, and Tourism's (KDWPT) website.
- Some sites may be available on a first-come, first-served basis, but reservations are recommended, especially during peak seasons.
Facilities and Amenities:
- Restrooms and Showers: The park provides restrooms and shower facilities for campers.
- Dump Stations: Available for RVs to dispose of waste.
- Picnic Tables and Fire Rings: Most campsites come equipped with a picnic table and a fire ring or grill.
- Playgrounds: There are playgrounds for children located within the park.
- Marina: Clinton Lake Marina offers boat rentals, storage, and other services.
- Hiking and Biking: There are over 25 miles of trails for hiking and mountain biking.
- Boating and Fishing: Clinton Lake is known for various fish species, and there is a full-service marina for boating enthusiasts.
- Wildlife Viewing: The park is home to a diverse range of wildlife, including deer, turkeys, and many bird species.
- Swimming: There are designated swimming areas in the park, but there are no lifeguards on duty.
Park Rules and Regulations:
- Quiet Hours: Typically enforced from 11 PM to 6 AM.
- Pets: Pets are generally allowed but must be kept on a leash and under control at all times.
- Fires: Fires are allowed in designated areas and fire rings. Always extinguish fires completely before leaving.
- Alcohol: Kansas state parks generally allow alcohol, but local rules can vary; check current regulations.
Fees: Campsite and cabin fees vary depending on the type of site and the time of year. There may be additional charges for vehicle permits.
Seasons and Climate:
- The camping season at Clinton State Park extends throughout the year, though some facilities may be limited in the off-season.
- Summer temperatures can be hot, while winters are typically cold. Spring and fall offer milder weather but can be unpredictable.
Emergency and Contact Information:
- In case of an emergency, call 911. For non-emergencies, you can contact the park office for assistance.
- For current information and alerts, check the park's website or contact the Clinton State Park office before your visit.
Before planning your trip, it's always best to check the latest information regarding camping, park regulations, and weather conditions. This information can ensure a safe and enjoyable camping experience at Clinton State Park.