Camping at Degray Lake State Park
Location and General Information
Degray Lake State Park is a beautiful outdoor destination in Arkansas, USA. It is located at 2027 State Park Entrance Road, Bismarck, Arkansas 71929. The park lies in the foothills of the Ouachita Mountains and is known for its crystal-clear waters and scenic beauty.
Outdoor Recreation: The park offers a wide variety of recreational activities including:
- Boating: The large lake is ideal for boating, with boat rental options available.
- Fishing: Anglers will find an abundance of fish species, including largemouth bass, crappie, bream, and catfish.
- Swimming: There are designated swimming areas for those looking to cool off in the summer months.
- Hiking: The park features several trails that offer different levels of difficulty and opportunities to enjoy local wildlife and plant life.
- Golfing: There's an 18-hole championship golf course within the park for golf enthusiasts.
- Horseback Riding: Horse trails are provided as well, and stable services offer trail rides.
Camping Facilities: Degray Lake State Park provides a variety of camping facilities including:
- Lodge: The park's resort lodge offers hotel-type accommodations with a view of the lake.
- Cabins: There are fully-equipped cabins with kitchens and all the comforts of home.
- Campsites: For more traditional camping, there are campsites for tents and RVs with water and electrical hookups.
Camping Reservations: It is advisable to make your reservations in advance, especially during peak season, as the park is a popular destination.
Additional Amenities include:
- Marina: The full-service marina includes boat rentals, slip rentals, and a store with supplies and fishing tackle.
- Picnic Areas: There are picnic areas throughout the park with tables and grills.
- Conference Center: Facilities for meetings and conferences are available, with catering services for group events.
Entrance Fees: Typically, there are no entrance fees for state parks in Arkansas, but there may be fees for using certain facilities or renting equipment.
Camping Fees: There will be fees for overnight camping, with rates varying depending on the type of accommodation or campsite. Be sure to check the most current rates and reservation policies.
Wildlife and Environment
Flora and Fauna: The park is home to a variety of wildlife, so it's a great place to observe nature. However, campers should be mindful to protect the natural environment and follow principles of Leave No Trace to minimize their impact.
Conservation Efforts: Degray Lake State Park is actively involved in conservation efforts to maintain the lake and surrounding areas. Visitors are encouraged to respect wildlife and natural habitats during their stay.
Weather: Be prepared for changing weather conditions and check weather forecasts before your trip.
Water Safety: Always wear life jackets and follow safety regulations when on the water.
Wildlife: Always keep a safe distance from wildlife and do not feed animals.
Rules and Regulations: Familiarize yourself with the park's rules and regulations to ensure a safe and enjoyable visit.
Remember to check for the latest information and any alerts or updates prior to your visit. This information can often be found on the park's official website or by contacting the park directly.