Camping at Anderson Road Campground
Location and Contact Information
Anderson Road Campground is situated on the shores of Percy Priest Lake in Nashville, Tennessee. The campground offers a peaceful retreat just ten miles from downtown Nashville, providing both recreation and the opportunity to enjoy the natural beauty.
- Address: Anderson Road Campground, 4010 Anderson Rd, Nashville, TN 37217, USA
- Phone: Visitors can obtain current contact information by checking the resource management office or by searching the official lake or campground website.
Campground Facilities and Amenities
- Campsites: Anderson Road Campground offers numerous campsites that can accommodate both tents and RVs. Many sites have electric and water hookups.
- Picnic Tables: Each campsite is equipped with a picnic table.
- Fire Rings: Campsites have fire rings that can be utilized for campfires and barbecuing.
- Restrooms: The campground provides modern restrooms that are equipped with flush toilets.
- Showers: Hot showers are available for campers, providing a level of comfort and convenience.
- Dump Station: An RV dump station is available for those with camping units.
- Boating: Percy Priest Lake is ideal for boating, and Anderson Road Campground has a boat ramp that provides easy lake access.
- Fishing: Anglers can enjoy fishing on Percy Priest Lake for various species, such as bass, crappie, and catfish.
- Swimming: A swimming beach is provided for campers, offering a great way to cool off during the summer months.
- Hiking & Biking: There are trails for hikers and bikers that offer scenic views of the lake and the surrounding natural environment.
- Wildlife Viewing: Wildlife enthusiasts will appreciate the bird watching and the chance to see local wildlife.
Reservation and Stay Limits
- Reservations: Campsite reservations are often recommended, especially during peak seasons. These can usually be made through a national reservation service or campground-specific booking systems.
- Stay Limits: There is typically a maximum stay limit, which at many federal campgrounds is 14 days. Always check current restrictions before planning your trip.
Rules and Regulations
- Quiet Hours: Anderson Road Campground enforces quiet hours typically from 10:00 PM until 6:00 AM.
- Pets: Pets are usually allowed but must be kept on a leash and cannot be left unattended.
- Alcohol: Alcohol policies vary by location; check the campground rules regarding alcohol consumption.
- Fires: Fire rules are in place; fires are allowed in designated areas or fire rings.
- Trash: Campers must dispose of trash in designated receptacles and are expected to maintain clean campsites.
The campground provides accessible facilities for those with disabilities, but it is recommended to review specific information or contact the campground to ensure needs can be met.
Weather and Best Time to Visit
- Weather: The weather in Tennessee can range from hot and humid in the summer to cool and mild in the winter. Check the forecast in advance and prepare accordingly.
- Best Time to Visit: The best time to visit Anderson Road Campground is usually during the spring or fall when the weather is more temperate, and the natural scenery is at its most vibrant.
- Wildlife Precautions: Secure food items to avoid attracting wildlife to your campsite.
- Boat Safety: If boating, ensure compliance with Tennessee boating laws and safety regulations.
- Emergency Preparedness: Consider packing a first-aid kit and learning the location of the nearest hospital or urgent care facility.
It's always a good idea to check the latest information on Anderson Road Campground as facilities and policies can change over time. For the most current information, it is best to visit the official website for Percy Priest Lake or contact the resource management office.