Camping at Adams Run OGT Areas
Overview of Adams Run OGT Areas in CHAPMAN STATE PARK
Chapman State Park, located in Northwestern Pennsylvania, is a 862-acre park that offers a variety of recreational opportunities, including camping at the Adams Run Organized Group Tenting (OGT) areas. These areas are designed to accommodate organized groups such as scouts, schools, and other organizations looking for an outdoor adventure.
Location and Accessibility
Adams Run OGT areas are situated within Chapman State Park, which is in Warren County, about five miles from the borough of Clarendon. The park can be accessed off of U.S. Route 6.
Group Tenting Areas: Adams Run has specific sites designed for group tenting. These sites are available by reservation and have the following features:
- Designated camping areas for large groups.
- Picnic tables and campfire rings at each site.
- Easy access to portable or flush toilets.
- Shared water spigots for drinking water.
Reservations and Fees
- Campsites typically need to be reserved in advance, especially during peak seasons.
- Reservations can be made online through the Pennsylvania State Parks reservation system or by calling a toll-free number.
- Fees for group tenting sites vary based on size and amenities provided.
- Fee information can be obtained through the park office or online at the state park's website.
Rules and Regulations
- Groups must be affiliated with a recognized organization.
- A minimum number of campers is usually required to reserve a group tenting site.
- Quiet hours are typically enforced to ensure a peaceful environment.
- Pets may be allowed in certain areas but must be kept on a leash and under control.
- Alcohol is prohibited in all Pennsylvania state parks.
- Campers must follow Leave No Trace principles to minimize their impact on the environment.
- The park offers a variety of trails, ranging from easy to more challenging, where groups can enjoy hiking and exploring the local flora and fauna.
- During the summer months, there is a sandy beach open for swimming.
Fishing and Boating:
- Chapman State Park has a lake where fishing is allowed, and non-powered or electric-powered boats are permitted.
Environmental Education Programs:
- The park may offer environmental education and recreation programs, including guided walks and campfire programs.
- Group tenting sites are typically available from April through October.
- Some facilities, such as the beach and concession stand, are only available during the summer season.
- Always check for seasonal hunting closures or other events that might affect camping.
For the most current information on camping at Adams Run OGT areas in Chapman State Park, contact the park office directly or visit the Pennsylvania State Parks' official website. The website will have information on availability, fees, park rules, and any alerts or updates that might affect your visit.