Camping at 006-011
Hickory Run State Park Camping Information
General Overview: Hickory Run State Park is a popular destination for outdoor enthusiasts in Pennsylvania. It covers over 15,000 acres including the remarkable Boulder Field, a National Natural Landmark. The park offers a variety of recreational activities such as hiking, swimming, fishing, and picnicking.
Camping Options: Hickory Run State Park features several camping options, including tent and trailer sites, cottages, and camping cottages. Campsites include amenities such as modern restrooms, warm showers, and some sites offer electric hook-ups.
Campground 006-011 Specifics: To provide accurate information on campsites 006-011, it would be ideal to consult the specific park maps or resources for the exact details, as this designator refers to individual campsites within the park. Generally, the campsites can vary in terms of size, allowed equipment, and proximity to amenities.
- Reservations can be made up to 11 months in advance.
- They are highly recommended, especially during the peak season, to ensure availability.
- Reservations can be made online through the Pennsylvania State Parks reservation system or by calling the park office.
Check-In and Check-Out Times:
- Check-in time is typically in the afternoon, around 3 PM.
- Check-out time is usually by 12 PM (noon).
Facilities and Amenities:
- Potable water
- Bathhouses with flush toilets and warm showers
- Dump station for RVs
- Some sites may have electric hook-ups
Campsite Rules and Regulations:
- Campsite occupancy is usually limited to one family unit (persons living under one household) or one non-family unit limited to five persons per site.
- Quiet hours are typically from 9 PM to 8 AM. Loud noises or disturbances are prohibited during these times to ensure all guests can enjoy a peaceful environment.
- Alcohol is prohibited in all Pennsylvania state parks.
- Pets are permitted in designated areas, but they must be leashed and attended at all times. Not all sites may allow pets, so check specific rules for your campsite.
- Campfires are allowed in designated fire rings or pits only. Collecting firewood from within the park may be restricted to prevent the spread of invasive insects.
- Over 40 miles of hiking trails
- Fly fishing in Mud Run and Hickory Run
- Swimming at Sand Spring Lake during the summer season
- Cross-country skiing during winter months
- Hunting is permitted in designated areas within state park boundaries during established seasons.
- ADA accessible sites and facilities may be available. Check for specific ADA designated sites when making reservations.
- Boulder Field
- Hawk Falls
- Various scenic overlooks and picnic areas
- It's important to be aware of the nearest hospital or urgent care facility.
- Park rangers or staff can assist in case of an emergency.
For the most accurate and up-to-date information on campsites 006-011 in Hickory Run State Park, it is best to contact the park directly or visit the official Pennsylvania State Parks website.