Camping at Willaby Campground
Willaby Campground is a popular camping spot nestled along the southern shore of Lake Quinault in the Olympic National Forest. This campground is known for its lush old-growth rainforest environment and scenic beauty, offering visitors a tranquil escape into nature.
Willaby Campground is located in the State of Washington, within the Olympic National Forest. The specific address for guidance is:
Forest Road 9021, Quinault, WA 98575
- Campsites: There are 21 campsites available, each equipped with a picnic table and fire ring. Most sites are suitable for tent camping, and a few can accommodate RVs, although no hookups are available.
- Group Sites: The campground does not typically offer group campsites.
- Amenities: Drinking water and flush toilets are available for camper convenience.
- Garbage: There are garbage collection services, but campers are encouraged to practice Leave No Trace principles.
- Accessibility: Some campsites are designed to be accessible for those with disabilities.
- Hiking: Nearby trails offer opportunities for short walks or longer hikes within the ancient forests.
- Boating: Canoeing and kayaking can be enjoyed on Lake Quinault.
- Fishing: The lake and surrounding rivers provide opportunities for fishing. A Washington State fishing license is required.
- Wildlife Viewing: The area is home to Roosevelt elk, black bears, and a variety of bird species.
Reservations are highly recommended, especially during peak season (late spring through early fall). Sites may be reserved through Recreation.gov or by calling the reservation line.
The Willaby Campground typically operates from May through September, depending on weather conditions. However, always check current operational status before planning a trip as seasons can vary.
There is a nightly fee for camping which is subject to change. Check the latest fees on Recreation.gov or contact the Pacific Ranger District - Quinault office for the most current information.
Rules and Regulations
- Quiet Hours: Typically from 10:00 PM to 6:00 AM.
- Pets: Are usually allowed but must be kept on a leash.
- Campfires: Allowed in provided fire rings unless fire restrictions are in place.
- Stay Limit: There is often a maximum stay limit, usually 14 days.
- Check-In/Check-Out: Adhere to the check-in and check-out times specified by the campground.
- Weather: The region gets heavy rainfall, so be prepared with appropriate gear.
- Bears: Food storage regulations must be followed to prevent bear encounters.
- Cell Service: May be limited or unavailable, depending on the service provider.
Before visiting, it is wise to check for the latest updates, conditions, and any advisories:
Pacific Ranger District - Quinault office Phone: (360) 288-0203
For reservations: www.recreation.gov or call (877) 444-6777.
This information provides a general overview of Willaby Campground, but for a successful camping trip, always verify details and plan accordingly for changes and seasonal considerations.