Camping at Sugar Pine Point State Park
Overview of Sugar Pine Point State Park
Sugar Pine Point State Park is located on the western shore of Lake Tahoe in California. With over two miles of lake frontage, the park has dense forests of pine, fir, aspen, and juniper. It offers a variety of outdoor activities including camping, hiking, swimming, fishing, and during winter, cross-country skiing.
- The park features a family campground with a range of sites.
- Advance reservations are highly recommended, especially during the summer season.
- Reservations can be made 6 months in advance of your arrival date through ReserveCalifornia.
- Maximum occupancy per campsite is 8 individuals.
Facilities & Amenities:
- Campsites typically contain picnic tables, campfire rings, and food storage lockers.
- Restrooms with flush toilets and coin-operated showers are available.
- There are no RV hookups, but a dump station is located within the park.
- Most camping areas are convenient to water spigots.
- Campfires and barbecues are allowed only in designated areas.
- Quiet hours are typically enforced (e.g., 10 PM to 6 AM).
- Pets are allowed in the campground but must be kept on a leash at all times.
- Bears are present in the area; proper food storage is mandatory to protect wildlife and ensure safety.
Activities and Points of Interest
- Sugar Pine Point State Park offers numerous trails for hiking and during the winter, snowshoeing and cross-country skiing.
- The park features the Ehrman Mansion, a historic home with tours available during the summer months.
- Fishing is popular in the area; anglers can try their luck at catching rainbow, brown, and Mackinaw trout.
- Swimming is a common activity, but visitors should note that there are no lifeguards on duty.
Nature and Wildlife:
- It's an excellent place for nature observation, bird watching, and spotting local wildlife.
- Wildflowers can be found during the spring and summer months, adding color to the landscape.
Reservation and Contact Information
For the most accurate and up-to-date information regarding camping reservations, fees, and rules at Sugar Pine Point State Park, visit the official California State Parks website or use the ReserveCalifornia system.
- Website: California State Parks
- Reservations: ReserveCalifornia
- Reservation Phone Number: 1-800-444-PARK (7275)
Remember to check for any alerts or updates regarding weather, trail conditions, or park advisories before planning your trip to Sugar Pine Point State Park.