Camping at David Dill Addition
David Dill Addition in the City of Two Harbors Burlington Bay Campground is a camping facility located in Two Harbors, Minnesota. Named after the late Minnesota State Representative David Dill, it enhances the camping experience for visitors to Lake Superior's North Shore.
Location and Access
David Dill Addition is part of the Burlington Bay Campground, located at:
- Address: Two Harbors, MN 55616
- Access: The addition is usually accessible during the camping season, which typically ranges from May to October, although the exact dates can vary. It's advisable to check with the campground for specific opening and closing dates.
Facilities and Amenities provided may include:
- Electrical hookups
- Water access
- Sewer service for RVs
- Tent sites with more natural settings
- Picnic tables
- Fire rings
- Restroom facilities with showers
Reservations and Fees
Booking a Campsite:
- Often, reservations are required and can be made either online or by phone. It's best to secure your spot in advance, especially during peak seasons such as summer and fall color weekends.
- Fees vary depending on the type of site (e.g., tent site vs. RV site with full hookups) and the duration of the stay. There may be different rates for peak and off-peak seasons.
Attractions and Activities
Things to Do:
- Hiking and nature trails
- Access to Lake Superior for fishing, boating, and swimming
- Pictorial landscapes perfect for photography
- Nearby attractions such as lighthouses, state parks, and scenic drives along the North Shore
Regulations and Safety
- Quiet hours are typically enforced to ensure all campers can enjoy a peaceful environment.
- Pets are often allowed but must be kept on a leash and under control.
- Fires are permitted in designated fire rings only.
- Watch out for wildlife and practice safe food storage.
- Be mindful of the weather conditions, especially considering the proximity to Lake Superior, which can sometimes lead to rapid changes in weather.
- Always follow Leave No Trace principles to maintain the natural beauty of the area.
To get the most current information about camping at the David Dill Addition, you should contact the Two Harbors Burlington Bay Campground directly:
- Phone Number: Available on their official website or through the City of Two Harbors' contact information.
- Website: You can visit the City of Two Harbors' official website or a specific site dedicated to the campground for additional details, maps, and to make reservations.
Always check the latest guidelines before planning your trip, as rules and available services may change over time.