Camping at Pelican
Overview of Pelican in Jackson Lake State Park
Jackson Lake State Park is a popular destination located in Morgan County, Colorado. It's known for its scenic beauty and a variety of outdoor activities including camping, boating, fishing, swimming, and wildlife viewing.
Pelican Campground is one of the several campgrounds available within the park, offering visitors a prime location to set up camp and enjoy the park's amenities.
Camping at Pelican Campground
- Electrical hookups may be available, depending on the specific site.
- Campsites can typically accommodate tents, trailers, and RVs.
- Picnic tables and fire pits/grills are usually present at each site.
- Restroom facilities with showers are often nearby.
- Drinking water access is typically provided.
- Visitors can enjoy water-based recreation on Jackson Lake including boating (with proper adherence to aquatic nuisance species regulations), water skiing, and fishing.
- Swimming is popular at designated swimming beaches.
- There are hiking and biking trails in the area.
- Wildlife viewing is also a favorite pastime.
Reservations and Fees:
- Campsites at Pelican may be available for reservation, and it's advisable to book in advance due to the popularity, especially during peak season.
- Fees vary based on the type of campsite and amenities provided; check current rates on the park's official website or reservation system.
- Colorado State Parks Pass is required for all vehicles entering the park, which can be purchased as an annual pass or on a daily basis.
Regulations and Safety
- Adherence to park rules and regulations is mandatory including quiet times, pet policies, and fire restrictions.
- Always practice Leave No Trace principles to preserve the park's natural state.
- Be aware of local wildlife and maintain a safe distance.
- Check for any advisories or weather conditions before visiting.
Booking and Current Conditions:
- For the most current information and to make reservations, it's recommended to check the Colorado Parks and Wildlife website or contact the park directly.
- Be sure to look for any alerts or changes in park conditions that might affect your stay at Pelican campground.
- Respect the privacy and peace of other campers; observe quiet hours.
- Keep your campsite clean and dispose of trash in designated receptacles.
- Fire safety is paramount; keep fires manageable and never leave them unattended.
- Follow all boating safety regulations and check that your equipment is clean before entering the water to prevent the spread of invasive species.
By carefully planning your visit and following park guidelines, you'll ensure a safe and enjoyable camping experience at Pelican in Jackson Lake State Park.