Camping at Gold Rush
Location and General Information
Cherry Creek State Park is a popular outdoor recreation destination located in Aurora, Colorado, not far from downtown Denver. It presents a natural prairie environment of gentle, rolling hills and complete outdoor recreation facilities, including camping, boating, fishing, and an extensive network of trails.
Gold Rush is one of the several campgrounds within Cherry Creek State Park. This campground, like others in the state park, offers an array of amenities for both tent and RV campers, and serves as an excellent basecamp for those looking to explore the Denver area or enjoy a variety of outdoor activities.
- There are usually multiple types of campsites, from basic tent sites to full-hookup RV sites with electricity, water, and sewer.
- Campsites often come with a fire ring and picnic table.
- RV sites may have length restrictions, so check the specific site details when booking.
- Pull-through and back-in sites may be available.
- Certain sites might offer 30 and 50 amp electrical hookups.
Typical amenities you might find in the Gold Rush campground:
- Restrooms with flush toilets
- Showers and laundry facilities
- Dump stations for RVs
- Water spigots throughout the campground
- Playground areas for children
- The park may also offer Wi-Fi access at some locations.
Popular activities within Cherry Creek State Park:
- Hiking and biking on the park's trails
- Horseback riding on designated equestrian trails
- Water sports such as boating, sailing, and swimming in the Cherry Creek Reservoir
- Wildlife viewing
- Winter activities including cross-country skiing and snowshoeing, depending on the season
Fees and Reservations
- Camping fees are in addition to the daily park entry fee.
- Reservations can usually be made online, and it is advisable to book in advance, especially during peak seasons.
- Some sites might be available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Rules and Regulations
- Adherence to park quiet hours is required.
- Pets are typically allowed but must be kept on a leash.
- Please follow all fire regulations and burn bans, if in effect.
- Be observant of wildlife and maintain a safe and respectful distance.
Preparation and Safety Tips
To ensure a safe and enjoyable camping experience at Gold Rush in Cherry Creek State Park:
- Check the weather forecast before your trip and prepare accordingly.
- Bring appropriate clothing for the season and altitude.
- Pack essentials like food, water, a first-aid kit, and bear-proof containers if needed.
- Know the symptoms of altitude sickness if you're not accustomed to higher elevations.
Please note that specific details about the campsites, fees, and rules can change, so it's always important to verify current information with Cherry Creek State Park directly or through their official website before planning your trip.