Camping at C Loop
Overview of Chatfield State Park's C Loop
Chatfield State Park, located in Littleton, Colorado, is a popular recreation area offering a variety of outdoor activities. The park has several campgrounds with different loops for RVs, tents, and group camping. The C Loop in the park's camping area is one of these loops. It's essential to know a few key pieces of information if you're planning to stay at the C Loop.
C Loop Campsites
- Electric hookups
- Fire pits and grills
- Nearby restrooms with showers and flush toilets
- Picnic tables
- Water spigots nearby
- The C Loop typically includes sites that can accommodate different types of camping setups, including RV sites with longer pads and tent-only sites.
- C Loop may have sites that are ADA accessible. It's best to confirm the availability of ADA-compliant sites when making a reservation.
Reservations and Fees
- Reservations for campsites in the C Loop can usually be made online or by phone. It's recommended to book your site well in advance, especially during peak seasons like summer and holidays.
- The camping fees for C Loop sites vary based on the type of site and time of year. There is often a daily park pass fee in addition to the camping fee.
Park Activities and Facilities
- Hiking and biking trails
- Birdwatching and wildlife viewing
- Boating, fishing, and swimming at Chatfield Reservoir
- Horseback riding
- Hot air balloon launches
- Boat ramps
- A marina with boat rentals
- Horse stables
- Model airplane flying field
- Campground amenities such as a laundry facility and a dump station
Regulations and Safety
- Campfires may be allowed in designated fire pits or grills, but it's crucial to check for any fire bans or restrictions during your visit.
- Pets are likely allowed but must be kept on a leash and supervised at all times.
- Respect quiet hours which typically run from 10 pm to 6 am.
- Store food securely and keep your campsite clean to avoid attracting wildlife.
- Be ready for changing weather conditions and know the procedures for seeking shelter in case of severe weather.
- It's a good idea to arrive at your campsite early to set up before dark.
- Understand the specific rules and regulations of C Loop by checking with the park directly or visiting the park's official website.
- Be courteous to other campers by keeping noise to a minimum and following campground etiquette.
- Bring appropriate gear for the activities you plan to enjoy during your stay.
For the most accurate and up-to-date information about C Loop camping at Chatfield State Park, always refer to the Colorado Parks & Wildlife website or contact the park directly before planning your trip.